Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year! 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas this year and are looking forward to the New Year 2013!  How fast time flies anymore!
I worked on some customer quilts on the longarm machine in December so I have not had a lot of time for any personal sewing.  I did get some progress made on my Thanksgiving embroidery quilt.  Not as much as I had hoped but it is coming along.

I also finished crocheting my new granddaughter's afghan for Christmas.  She loved it.  She clutched it in her tiny fingers and her eyes got so big!  I loved it!  Only 4 months old and knows the love of handmade things. 

My daughter, Becca, wanted it to have a tight, close stitch so I alternated rows of half double crochet with rows of single crochet.  It was toasty warm.  I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in the color of Watermelon.

Two new kitties have found their way into my home and heart.  I got 2 Manx three month old kittens 26 Dec.  They are brother and sister.  I was only going to take the female, but I just could not split them up.  They are precious and ornery and fun.  The female is grey with no tail as is typical of Manx.  This is a pix of her discovering the bathtub.
Isn't she just a sweetie?  Zilmer is the male and he sports a regular tail but has more of the markings of what I think of a Manx to have.
He is very loving and cuddly and was the first one to start purring once they got used to me and a new home to explore.  Lulubelle has since become very friendly and loving too but she is a bit more cautious in everything the two of them dream up to do.

It is starting to rain and freeze now.  I think I will probably be sliding to work tomorrow on freezing streets.  This weather was certainly unexpected!  I have New Year's day off and hope to work some more on my Embroidery and maybe take a stab at cleaning house.  I want to work on my Diamond in the Rough top and see if I can finish putting sashing on and start putting it together.  Pix later on that project.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment