Friday, November 23, 2012

 
 
Well, I have been a little bit busy in the sewing room today and got started on the embroidering of this quilt.  I traced off the design on 100 % cotton with a green Pigma Pen.  I am going to do the embroidery in dark green DMC 895.  The pattern is one by Crabapple Hill called Over the River and Through the Woods.  Their quilt on the front of the pattern is done in tans and blacks but I am going to do mine in greens and golds and oranges of Fall.  I just love patterns with a Thanksgiving theme to them and you see so few things for Thanksgiving.  There are 3 panels of embroidery work and then patchwork blocks.  I just noticed the picture says it was taken in 2007 so I guess I need to figure out how to change the date on my camera!  Darn, I just learned how to upload and make a folder on the computer this afternoon!  It may  take me years to figure out how to change the date on my camera!   I like to do hand stitching while listening to books on tapes, cds, etc and today I started listening to the book The Summons by John Grisham.  It is good so far.  Back to my sewing room now; I have lots to do yet today!

No comments:

Post a Comment